1. Create a Story – children are very easily distractible. Create a story around the photo-shoot and ask them to enact the lead role. In this way you will have their undivided attention, it will be easier to shoot them and it will be fun for both the photographer and the child being photographed. Let’s say if I was a girl I would love being photographed as a princess or an angel but my brother on the other hand would love to portray his favorite cricketer.
click here to check out Ankur's porfolio
2. Candid Photography – with children it is never easy to make them pose for a picture or keep their interest for long. In situation like these it is best to do a candid photo-shoot. After all natural pictures turn out to be the best.
Click here to view Nikhil's Portfolio
3. Themed Locations – to bring out the best in children you need to make sure they are in their most comfortable surroundings. The idea is to make sure that the location you pick is best suited to a child. Let’s say I love the laughter of children in a park or a playground. This said the kid is going to give you some real vivid expressions you will be thrilled to capture.
Click here to Vijay's Portfolio
4. Incorporate Props – get creative with props. There is nothing more that children would love than to be handed a balloon to play with or a lollipop to lick. These props symbolize an aspect of childhood and of innocence.
Click here to view iClickWedding's Portfolio
5. Family Feels – well it is no mystery that a child feels most safe around the people they know or recognise. Make their family a part of the shoot. Ask the parents to be around and on look what the child is doing, ask them to get involved with what the child is doing no matter how silly it can be.
Click here to view Karthik's Portfolio
6. Get Pets – there is some pleasure in stroking the fur of your cat, some comfort in hugging your dog when you come home and some peace when you hear your bird sing or feed your fish. Pets just bring out a different side in every person, a side that needs love and care. Also it is great to watch kids interact with their pets, its two sinful doses of cuteness in one click.
Click here to view Aksahy's Portfolio
7. Your chance to be an Artist – with children around you have to really up your game. Be an artist. Incorporate colors in the shoot it maybe an umbrella, a multicolored hat or funky coat or shoes. Imagine the rosy cheeks of the little one in some bright colored summer dress or winter coat. Now there is an idea for a great photo shoot.
Click here to view Ninad's Portfolio